Trapper's code of ethics
- I will request permission to enter private property and I will respect the territory and installations of neighboring trappers.
- I will manage furbearing animal populations in a suitable manner, particularly in those aeas where they causes damages.
- I will comply with the laws and regulations pertaining to wildlife and its habitat.
- I will visit my traps regularly.
- I will maintain my traps adequately and I will use them in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- I will not place my traps in places where I am liable to capture domestic animals.
- I will pay special attention to animals that are destructive and carriers of diseases.
- I will dispose of the animal carcasses from my traps cleanly and will report the presence of animals carrying diseases.
- I will be available to pass on my art and my knowledge of trapping to encourage the next generation of trappers.
- I will carry out my activity in such a way as to ensure the sustainability of the ressources.
- I will support my local and regional trappers associations, because they are working for me.
- I will respect the environment at all times.
- I will stay informed of new capture methods and I will apply them in the most appropriate manner possible, with a view to showing respect for wildlife.